The Troop Historian is appointed by the Scoutmaster on the recommendation of the SPL
The Troop Historian is responsible for:
- meeting regularly with the troop’s Secretary, Activities Coordinator and Webmaster to ensure his responsibilities are properly carried out,
- maintaining photographs, video and other historical records of the Troop,
- maintaining a camping log to include locations, dates, attendees, and comments regarding the outing,
- collecting and caring for troop photographs, news stories, flags, pennants and awards, and
- collecting and filing information about former scouts and leaders.